Friday, January 27, 2012

Nightlife @ Chinatown


Bangkok’s most outstanding district


     Are you Thai-Chinese guys? Well, if you are, I am sure you properly know about Chinatown! Anyway, never mind if you are not those guys or you don’t even know what Chinatown is, I will take you there throughout my blog. Let’ see Chinatown during the night!             



Chinatown???


     Chinatown is situated in one of the oldest areas of Bangkok which Chinese traders were settled in this district in the early 1780's. Chinatown is an easy place to explore on foot. The other name of Chinatown is Yaowarat, the name of the main road, which Thais commonly call. According to the Feng-Shui principle, the shape of Yaowarat Road is curve like the dragon's curvy body. making it an ideal location for business.


Getting There: Taking the subway to Hua Lampong station. From there, it is a short walk to Chinatown.




Visitors can go to Chinatown in a day or a night time, but you will see a little bit different. 



Gold shop


Chinatown is called the “Golden Road” in the day time. There are numerous gold shops along Yaowarat Road and it is known that this is the best area, where to have the best gold deals in Bangkok. Additionally, there are several wholesale shops close by Chinatown that you can find and grab some products, such as textiles, garments, souvenirs, second-hand spare parts of electronic devices, electric goods,antiques and accessories.





During the night, if you're looking for clubs or pubs in Chinatown, you are completely in the wrong way. Chinatown is the amazing world apart from everything else in Bangkok. It is the paradise of gourmets and food lovers. The only one activity that makes Chinatown popular is dining. The dinner on a side of the street among the crowd under the moonlight described here. China is here!


Each night, there is a variety of people gathered at Chinatown. Both sides of the road are flanked with a lot of Chinese restaurants and food vendors in the night time. As you walk along the pavement in Bangkok’s Chinatown, you will hear many noises from the crowd and hawkers. The thing you can notice in Chinatown is the happiness that shines in the faces of the crowd around their tables.What's so amazing!



Most restaurants have their specialty, maybe seafood or a regional food. The mouth-watering selection of food is enormous which it is impossible to have all in one night. Most dishes are costly and some others are on average. Local delicacies include Dim Sum, steamed Chinese mullet, noodles, Peking duck, and shark fin soup.Other appetizers are usually sold by street vendors, such as bird's nest soup, pork skewer and toasted chestnut.





Personally, a taste of Chinese food at Chinatown is flavorsome, taste, and good in color. Although it is so expensive, it is worth the price. Compared to Thai food, though, it is less spicy, but exquisite.  Don’t believe me if you have never tasted.  A picture is worth a thousand words.






Have you ever been experienced? Share yours here!

  
Engrossing nightlife experience! Enjoy the night!

13 comments:

  1. I used to go to Chinatown. I think it is an interesting place. It is a great place that I can buy many merchandises. Moreover, it is the good place to learn Chinese-Thai lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinatown is the first place that I think of when I'm hungry at night time. This place is never sleep even though daytime or nighttime. I would like to suggest you another graet menu which is chicken curry. Don't forget to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Love that's place so much cuz lot of restaurants where u can chose ^^ n' the dessert as well.... Sooooooo delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that at china town, food is delicious but it is costly and a lot people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. china town at night attract me very much. It's colorful and has many kinds of food

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been there for several times because I like walking around and finding something to eat there. We can't deny that there are a lot of mouth-watering food that could make us spend money a lot without consciousness! I like eating 'Ka-nom-jeeb' at Hua Seng Hong restaurant-- it's very yummy!!!!! so let's try eating at Yaowaraj I believe it will be your unforgettable experience

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think, That place will be hit for last Chinese new year fro sure. everyone goes there but me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I like to find some food in this place. there are many restaurants and many kind of food to choose. But it is many people there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow this place sounds interesting ^^
    i've been there but never at night
    i think i should go next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went there in Chinese New Year Day, it wa too crowded.
    However, I was really full. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. i prefer Chinatown minus holiday more. well, it's really packed with people coming to have a piece of the place. anyway, I appreciate your afford of going there, taking pictures and blogging about it. I believe it took a lot of energies for that and you did wonderfully.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done !!! so interesting.
    Thx for this great post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Normally, I go to Chinatown everyday, since it is my way home lol
    To tell the truth, I am not pleased to go there in daytime because the traffic is really really bad!!! Anyway, after reading your post, I change my views about this place :)
    Now I see how beautiful the nightlife at Yaowarat is!!
    Thank you for showing me another interesting side of Chinatown!!
    I will try to start out my nightlife journey at there as soon as possible :P

    ReplyDelete